Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Moon, The Sun, Soar

I decided to get a tattoo at the beginning of my summer break. It’s the summer of my transition from high school to college, so I feel the things I do this summer will have a lasting effect on me or at least I want it to. I got three tattoos; one behind my left ear written in Chinese characters reading “Dream” with a crescent moon and tiny star next to it, another character behind my right ear reading “Reality” with a sun beside it, and in the middle of my neck, another character reading “Soar” as in fly with angel wings attached to it.
   At first I really wanted to get cherry blossoms on my body, but I felt that I didn’t have a reason for really wanting it on my body other than the fact that it will look cool. So for now I’ll stick to something that has a meaning, my meaning.
   We dream in the night (crescent moon) or just dream in general of things we want, things we want to be in life and it’s our dream that makes our reality, our day (sun) into something we’ve always wished for, but before we can change our dream into a reality we have to work hard to go and get it; in this case soar to where we want to be.
   I feel that this tattoo will be something I want to live by; not just something I know and will always keep in mind but something that will stay and live with me, be apart of me forever.

  And thus starts my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment